Monday, August 26, 2013

Challenge #110 - Get Well - Sympathy


Hello, my crafty friends!  Being sick or going through a difficult trial is anything but fun.  I have 5 sisters (no brothers).  My youngest sister was diagnosed with breast cancer in July and is just starting her difficult journey to recovery.  We have cried many tears together and alone.  She is amazingly calm about everything and seems really positive.  We have all been praying for her and feel like she will get through this and live to raise her 4 young children.  :)

Whether it is a long drawn out illness or loss or just a bout with the flu, it's so hard to watch someone you love go through hard times.  It is nice to be able to send a handmade card to show how much you love them and care about them.  So . . .

This week's challenge: Get Well/Sympathy
(This challenge will run for 2 weeks because of the Stamp Release Party!)

This is the card I sent to my sister:



Click HERE for the original post with instructions and more pictures.

Now it's time to sit back and enjoy these beautiful projects from my amazing design team!!:

Gwen 

Gwen's card is sooooo cute!! I love her adorable skunk and pretty flowers!  Gwen's fun sentiment is from the Cute Critters stamp set.

GiGi 

GiGi's card is so fun!  I love the polka dot background and her cute image!  Perfect with these sentiments!


GiGi's sentiments are both from the Feel Better Soon stamp set and she cut her little tag from the Tiny Banners metal dies.


Kate

Kate's card is gorgeous!  Her 4" Doily makes a perfect background for her sentiment, crinkle ribbon bow and pretty flower!


Kate's sentiment is from the With Deepest Sympathy stamp set


Marlene

Marlene's gift box is sooo cute!! 



She tied her cut tag on with Snow White Crinkle Ribbon and Red Jute. 



Marlene used Feel Better Soon, Tickets, and Stampin Around Summer, and the Tiny Tags" Stamp Sets for all of her fun sentiments.   She cut her tags and sentiment doilies from the Tiny Doilies Metal Dies, Lacey Banners Metal Dies, and the Tiny Tags Metal Dies.



This week's prize:  



Did you know that there are over 50 stamp and metal die sets at My Craft Spot?!  Click HERE to see all of the fun stamps, metal dies, bakers twines and ribbon at My Craft Spot!  Click HERE to see my brand new line of Sequins!!

Click HERE to visit our Gallery with over 200 projects arranged by stamp and metal die set!  So much inspiration all in one place!!

My Craft Spot


Link Below for a chance to win: 



 ***Important reminder: Only one entry per person.***

Happy crafting!

12 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous, Kimberly. I remember this one - but had no idea of its purpose. I am so incredibly sorry to read the news of your youngest sister. Please let her know that even strangers are saying prayers for her recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kimberly!! This was one of my favorites of yours..I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I will keep her in my prayers and pray that she finds the strength to get through this. Hugs my friend!

    The Design Team did an amazing job this week.. as always!
    I will be back to to join in your challenge~have a great day!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your baby sister, Such a hard thing to go through for sure. I also will keep her in ours prayers and hope for a speedy recovery! Try and stay strong for her, she will need all of you for sure. Sending Hugs and Prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I'm so sorry to hear the news about your sister. I know she will treasure this sweet card and will be forever thankful for the support you offer her. I hope that all goes well with her treatment and she is up and chasing around those little ones very soon.
    Great work by your DT also - great projects by all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card of encouragement! How wonderful that your sister has you to help her through this difficult time! Sending prayers for her recovery.
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, thoughtful, heart-warming card you've created! Your support, I know, means the world to her - and do let her know that someone from Canada is sending prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery her way!
    Your DT's cards - fabulous! Thanks for sharing and inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Kimberly. I am so sorry to hear about your sister...I will keep her and you in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great DT! Thanks for the fun challenge! Keeping your Sister in my prayersCarri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great DT inspiration thanks for the fun challenge.
    I will definately keep you all in prayer so sorry to hear about your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous DT creations. So sorry to her about you sister, keeping her in my thoughts and wishing her a speedy and full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always the DT rocks with all these FABULOUS project.s
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry to hear about your sister. My sister went through the same thing a few years back. Many cards were sent to her on her road to recovery!

    You and the entire DT showcased fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips