Friday, March 22, 2013

Fun Octopus card from Animal Antics!


Happy Friday!  This card is from the new Animal Antics cartridge, which I am having a lot of fun with! On this card I decided to make the die cut bigger than the card.  Kind of a cross between a regular card and a shape card.  :)


I added a bit of glossy accents to the side of her head and to her bow.


The octopus was cut at 4.5 inches from the Animal Antics cratridge.  (This cartridge is a Cricut Circle exclusive.)  There are so many cute cuts out there on other cartridges that you could get the same look with.


 I wanted this card to really pop, so I used A LOT of dimensionals.  These are from Stampin' up and I love how thin they are - just right for lots of layers!



The sentiment is from the Thank You stamp set and I stamped the first in black and the second part in a rich red ink from Studio G.  I added some white dots on her cheeks half way through taking pictures of this card.  lol


 I tied a button on with Natural Jute Twine.  The card base (folded over) is 5 inches wide by 3 1/4 inches tall.  I let the bottom border hang over about 1/4 inch on each side.

 
 Happy crafting!


8 comments:

  1. This is so super cute Kimberly! Those eyelashes are so fun and I love all the dimension to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing projects with the new circle cart. This is amazing! You really thought outside the "box" (size of card)for this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Kimberly! I love the big octopus and the way it over hangs the card some.
    The dimension looks fabulous!!

    Happy Friday!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!!

    Got my cart yesterday, haven't opened it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So darn cute...haven't played with this cart yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOO Cute!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimberly, this is so cute... what a fun octopus card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips