Wednesday, March 13, 2013

DT post by GiGi - April Showers Bring May Flowers

There are two posts today - scroll down to see the Tasty Treats Challenge winners!

Hello everyone! This is GiGi from The Cricut Bug here to share a card that I did using My Craft Spot's Butterfly Kisses stamps on. I also used a bit of Blueberry Trendy Twine for her pigtails. 




The scene I created for this card is a combination of 2 cutting files. I used the SVG Cutting Files Building A Snowman cut for the girl and Miss Kates Cuttables Rainy Day Bird for the water, clouds, and umbrella.
After I cut the girl out, I trimmed off all of the snow and her scarf. I also added some punched circles to her shirt to make it look like a raincoat. I stamped her face with a Peachy Keen Wide Eyed Kids face and added some Blueberry Trendy Twine to her pigtails.
I did some inking on the cloud and water and used a white gel pen for the highlights. To finish, I mounted the umbrella on pop dots and I stamped the sentiment from My Craft Spot's Butterfly Kisses stamp set.

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and I love the dimension on the umbrella.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! Super sweet little girl! I LOVE the polka dot jacket and umbrella:)Great job Gigi!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely DARLING!!
    Have a Wonderful Day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so cute! What a great cut and a great design!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this adorable little card! The 3-D umbrella is so cute! You did a wonderful job!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card, sweet little girl!!


    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card. I wish I knew how to use SVG cuts with my cricut. Anybody tell me how to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, wonderful job piecing it all together.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips